‘Fried', ‘Chicken' and ‘Sandwich’: three alluring enough words on their own; together, they promise pure unbridled pleasure.
This fried chicken sandwich delivers all the pleasure and satisfaction from the collaboration of KYR’s ‘Sticky Gochujang’ BBQ Sauce and ‘Sweet Texas’ Dry Rub.
We heard Shake Shack launched a Korean-Style fried chicken in USA a while ago. Unfortunately, we couldn’t try (bc COVID-19) but we dare them and you the flavour.
If you need more heat on your sandwich, our ‘Habanero & Pineapple’ hot sauce will be a great match.
Mouthwateringly delicious and we’re going to share with you exactly how to make it.
Ingredients: for Two
for Chicken Marinade:
· 2 ea Chicken Breasts
· 1 cup Buttermilk
· 1 Tbsp KYR’s ‘Sweet Texas’ Dry Rub
for Crispy Chicken Coating:
· 2/3 cup All-purpose Flour
· 1/4 cup Cornstarch
· 1 pinch Salt
· 4~5 Tbsp Buttermilk chicken marinade
· Oil for Frying
· 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
· 1 Tbsp KYR’s ‘Sticky Gochujang’ BBQ Sauce
· 2 ea Kaiser Rolls
· 2 Tbsp Butter(room temperature)
· 4 Tbsp Sauerkraut(or coleslaw)
· 4~6 leaves Lettuce
· 4 sliced Tomatoes
· 3 Tbsp KYR’s ‘Sticky Gochujang’ BBQ Sauce
1. Place the chicken in a bowl. Add the buttermilk and KYR’s ‘Sweet Texas’ dry rub. Mix together, cover and place in the fridge to marinade for at least 3 hours (up to overnight).
2. Mix together the crispy coating ingredients in a small bowl. Take 4~5 Tbsp of the buttermilk chicken marinade and stir with a fork, make small crumbles. Not soggy.
3. Dredge the chicken in the crispy coating mixture – ensuring it’s fully covered.
4. Check oil and adjust temperature around 350°F. Deep fry the chicken until deep golden brown. Once crispy, put them on a paper towel and drain off the extra oil from fried chicken.
5. Toast the burns with butter until golden brown. Set aside.
6. Mix the mayonnaise and KYR’s ‘Sticky Gochujang’ BBQ sauce.
7. Spread a dollop of Sticky Gochujang-Mayo across buns. Pile up the sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, crispy chicken with KYR’s ‘Sticky Gochujang’ BBQ sauce and sauerkraut (or coleslaw).
• You can toss the fried chicken in KYR’s ‘Sticky Gochujang’ BBQ sauce.
Or you can simply pour over the chicken.
• You can stir fried your sauerkraut with a spoon of butter.