for the Dough:
• 245 g Whole Milk (warm, about 115F)
• 10 g Active Dry Yeast
• 2 ea Large Eggs (room temperature)
• 80 g Butter (unsalted, melted)
• 80 g Sugar
• 5 g Salt
• 565 g All-purpose Flour
for the Filling:
• 1 jar KYR’s Pumpkin Butter
• 30 g Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
• 60 g Dark Brown Sugar
• 5 g Cinnamon
• 30 g Pecan (toasted, chopped)
• 20 g Pine nuts (toasted)
for the Cream Cheese Frosting:
• 100 g Mascarpone Cheese (room temperature)
• 10 g Butter (unsalted, room temperature)
• 30 g Pure Maple Syrup
• 8 g Lemon Juice
• 1 pinch Salt (to taste)
1. Place the warm milk, 20g of the sugar, and the yeast in a small bowl, and stir to combine. Leave for 10-15 minutes, or until foamy.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, place the flour, salt, and remaining sugar, and mix briefly to combine. Add the milk mixture and egg to the dry ingredients, and mix on low for 2-3 minutes. Increase the speed to medium high and work dough for 5-6 minutes. Dough should be smooth and pull away from edges of the bowl. Then, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place until doubled in size.
3. In a small bowl, mix together KYR's Pumpkin Butter and the butter until thoroughly combined. In another small bowl, mix the dark brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
4. Once the dough has proofed, place it on a floured work surface and use a rolling pin to roll it into a roughly 12X16 inch rectangle.
5. Spread the pumpkin butter mixture evenly over dough, almost to edges. Then, sprinkle cinnamon sugar mix over pumpkin butter.
5. Roll the dough tightly starting from the shorter side and pinch the seam. Use a serrated knife to cut the dough in 12 equal size rolls. Place, cut sides down, into the prepared pan and cover loosely with a dish towel for 25 minutes to let the dough proof once more.
6. Preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
7. Combine all frosting ingredients in a bowl and beat, adding just enough milk or heavy cream until frosting is creamy. Spread over rolls and sprinkle with chopped pecans if desired and serve.