Spicy Portuguese Shrimp, also known as Camarao Mozambique is one of our favorite Portuguese recipes.
Portuguese Shrimp Mozambique is a delicious buttery, garlicky, spicy, stew-like dish. But today we made a different way, more like Gambas al Ajillo style. There is not a right or wrong way; either way, it will be delicious.
This Easy Peri Peri
Shrimp are huge on flavor, tender and ridiculously juicy!
This recipe is delicious and so easy to make that it will quickly become one of your go-to dishes—for both busy weeknights as well as special occasions.
We enjoyed with creamy polenta and crispy bread, but if you add extra wine or beer then you can enjoy Mozambique style. Pass the cooked rice, you won’t be regret!!
This rustic dish is meant to be eaten with your hands.....and you are encouraged to lick your fingers, get a little messy and feed your special someone. Sounds like the perfect day 😊
• 1 1/2 lbs large Shrimp (shelled and deveined, tails intact)
• 1 cup Peppers (bite size cut)
• 2 Tbsp KYR's Peri Peri BBQ Rub
• 6 Tbsp Oilve Oil
• 1 Tbsp Butter
• 6 cloves Garlic (thinly slice)
• 1/2 ea Lemon Juice and Zest
• 2 Tbsp White Wine
• 1 Tbsp Parsley (chopped)
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy pan, add the sliced garlic and cook them over medium heat, until the garlic gains some color (be careful not to burn it).
2. Add the shrimp, and Peri Peri BBQ Rub. Stirring and turning the shrimp occasionally, until barely pink.
3. Add the peppers, white wine and lemon juice, stir, cook until shrimp are cooked. If you need, you can add a pinch of salt here.
4. Finish with butter, lemon zest and parsley.
5. Serve over polenta, pasta, rice, steamed vegetables.