Oven Baked Butterfish with Spicy Seafood Paella 🐟🥘🐟🥘
Nourishing, vibrant, and served without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries.
We twisted this brilliant paella, turn into another thrilling dish. It’s absolutely beautiful for a weekend dinner. You won’t be disappointed!! 😉
** for Fish
• 2 1/2 lbs Butterfish
• 1/3 bunch Parsley stems
• 1/4 bunch Thyme stems
• 1 ea Lemon(sliced)
• 1 Tbsp Olive oil
• 2 cloves Garlic(minced)
• Salt & pepper
** for Paella:
• 2 cup Arborio rice or other short-grain rice(uncooked)
• 2 Tbsp Olive oil
• 1 ea Onion(finely chopped)
• 3 cloves Garlic(minced)
• 1/4 bunch Thyme(chopped)
• 1/2 cup White wine
• 1/2 cup ‘Habanero & Peach’ sauce
• 1 1/2cup Chicken(or fish) stock
• 1 tsp Saffron
• 2 tsp Smoked paprika
• 1 cup Bay scallops
• 1 cup Squid(small cut)
• 1/2 cup Clam meat
• 1 cup Bell pepper(any colour, finely chopped)
• 1/3 bunch Parsley(finely chopped)
• Salt & pepper
1. Brush oil on both side of the fish and the inner cavity as well.
2. Sliced lemons, garlic and herb stems into the cavity of the fish.
3. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
4. Heat oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 10minutes. Add rice, saffron, thyme and paprika; cook 1 minute. Deglazing with white wine and reduce completely. Stir in bell peppers. Remove from the heat, add hot stock and ‘Habanero & Peach’ sauce, stirring well.
5. Put the butterfish onto rice mixture. Put rest of lemon sliced and extra ‘Habanero & Peach’ sauce on the fish. Cover with foil, cook at 350F about 25 minutes in the oven.
6. Take out the fish and rice, add bay scallops, squid and clam meat, mixed well. Cover with foil, cook another 10 minutes.
7. When it’s done, take the foil off, broiling additional 3-5 minutes until fish skin get crispy and golden brown.
8. Sprinkle chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and ‘Jalapeño with Lime & Mint’ sauce, if desired.