Super accurate and perfect for this amazing appetizer. This is an awesome appetizer that is perfect for tailgating, cookouts, sports games or any day. The spicy, smoky and cheesy flavors are a great combination.
KYR’s BBQ Sauce and BBQ Rub will gives you a perfect combination of the flavours. If you want a great appetizer and have access to an outdoor grill this recipe is for you!
for the Beef Mixture (12 Balls):
•1 lb Ground Beef
•1/2 ea Onion (finely chopped)
•2 ea Jalapeño (finely chopped)
•1 tsp Salt
•1 tsp Ground Pepper
•6 strips Bacon (cut in half)
•3 Tbsp KYR’s Sweet Texas Rub
•6 pcs Cheddar Cheese (0.5 inch cubes)
•2 ea Jalapeño (cut in 3 rings)
•3 Tbsp Blue Cheese
•KYR’s Smoky Bourbon BBQ Sauce
1. Place ground beef, chopped onion, chopped jalapeño, and salt in a large bowl. Using hands, mix together until thoroughly combined.
2. Stuff each jalapeño with blue cheese; squeeze the walls around the cheese to force out any air pockets.
3. Divide the beef mixture into 12 equal portions. Flatten one of the beef portions into a disk and then place a cube of cheese or a cheese stuffed jalapeño into the center, then roll into a ball.
4. Wrap half a slice of bacon around each meatball and secure with a toothpick.
Season meatballs generously with KYR’s Sweet Texas BBQ Rub.
5. Place the meatballs onto the smoker and cook for 1 1/2 hours to 1 1/2 hours or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 165ºF.
6. Once the meatballs are cooked, brush them with KYR’s BBQ Sauce and then continue to cook for 5-10 minutes to let the sauce set.