A Windy and a cold day, suddenly want to eat something greasy food. Maybe deep fried kinda thing? Or maybe something cheesy? Here is a perfect food for it.
It is a very versatile dish that has many adaptations and various topping options. Literally you can make it ‘how you like’ or ‘what you like’ as the name of “Okonomi”
Simple and easy, but as always delicious 😋
What you put it, you never failed!!!
· 1 cup All-purpose Flour
· 4/3 cup Dashi(or plain water)
· 3 cups Cabbage(coarsely chopped)
· 1 cup Zucchini(thinly cut)
· 2 ea King Oyster Mushroom(thinly cut)
· 1 ea Enokitake Mushroom
· 2 ea Eggs
· 1 tsp Salt
· 1/2 tsp Black pepper(ground)
· 5 strips Bacon(cut into small pieces)
· 3 ea Thai Chilli(chopped)
· 1 ea Green onion(chopped)
· Vegetable Oil
· 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese(shredded)
· 1/2 cup Bonito Flakes
· 3 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
· 2 Tbsp ‘Ghost Pepper & Black Garlic’ Sauce
1. Place the flour in a large bowl and add salt, pepper and pour the dashi, mixed well.
2. Add all other ingredients, mix them together until we’ll combined.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil, pour the cabbage mixture, spread approximately 2cm thickness.
4. When the edge of the okonomiyaki has become firm and caramelized, flip it over.
5. Brush the okonomiyaki with Hoisin and Black Garlic hot sauce mix and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with a lid until the mozzarella cheese melted.
7. Garnish with more sauce mixture and, sprinkle bonito flakes to serve.